Professional Payroll Tax Filer Specifics
- An ERO/Indirect Reporting Agent License for Quarterly Express.
- A Payroll professional would typically have the following things from the IRS:
- EFIN : Electronic Filer Identification Number
- PTIN : Preparer Tax Identification Number
- The EFIN would be required to use our software as an Indirect or Direct filing agent. The PTIN can be used, but is not required.
- A payroll professional would sign each return using a combination of their EFIN and a five digit number of their choosing.
- This numeric combination is called the Practitioner PIN within the IRS guidelines.
- The practitioner should maintain a signed 8879 form on file while using this process.
The 8879 is not transmitted to the IRS.
- Refer to the Reporting Agent Section of the main pricing page.
- Any return including a balance due payment will be an additional $2.00.
- Imported Returns
- Returns can be imported using this feature and they will be processed by Lewis Software at the per-return rate listed above.
- Excise Returns
- This license also would allow you to file your excise returns electronically. See the Excise Tax Filer for more specifics.